1 November 2013

MMMMM..

I looked through my entries and realized I’ve never gotten down to blogging about my birthdays. Like NONE at all??

This year’s was quite a simple one (getting old, sigh). Spent a quiet day chilling at cafes and dinner at MEDZS. Met up with the girlfriends in the week earlier and, had a mini-surprise from the ‘M’s on Sunday.

I normally disclose only the initials of my friends here. So.. On Sunday, M, M, M and I went out for a movie, *ROFL*

Background story: M and I happened to have some expiring movie vouchers (2 pairs), so we very naturally wanted to share them with M. That makes 3 of us. 1 extra ticket left. After much deliberation and procrastination, we decided to ask M along. (so confusing right, it’s ok – I repeat, M, M, M and I went out for a movie).


OOTD.



Some caffeine boost before the show.






Caught Cloudy with a chance of meatball II – the food machine, invented by Flint Lockwood, which was supposedly destroyed in part I in fact continued operating and churned out a remarkably beautiful kingdom of foodnimals! Of cos, like in every story, there’s a bad guy and a “hero” who saves the “world”.
Go watch it if you like cute animations with simple storyline :X

Forgot about the initial plans to MEDZ (another M!) for dinner, and suggested Garden Slug instead cos I was missing Einstein much! :~(



But apparently, he doesn't seem to miss us any bit. LOL.






Thus, meet the other furballs! ^^







 photo image_13_zps801e41c5.jpeg






I had more photos from previous visits, but those are gone in an unfortunate case of corrupted iphone backup, sigh.

Had dinner nearby, at Garden Slug.



Seafood pasta with cream sauce and truffle oil added for me!



I’ve never tried their pastas before. Had only their all-day breakfast items usually :X
This creamy seafood pasta is GOOD. Especially for truffle lovers.

Mash and bangers for M & M.



Salmon confit pasta for M.



Then they sprung this surprise on me/M.
Macarons from Laduree! The lovely people at Garden Slug actually made them into such a cute dish for us, how nice!




The macarons were not fantastic though – I like the dark chocolate one best – we had all expected better I believe. But the box looks very pretty!

We had trouble figuring out what’s the flavor of the one in dark yellow at the bottom right of the plate? Anyone knows? I thought it was jackfruit or melon, but was quickly shot down :~O



Here I got a surprise present even – a foodnimal marshmallow! (Go watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs II and you’ll know!)



It was something I saw online some weeks/months back and had resisted searching for/buying it. Thank you so much M & M! Lol. Very thoughtful pair of friends I’m glad to have met in the recent months :)






The Garden Slug

#01-59/61, Bright Centre, 55 Lorong L Telok Kurau

Website:
http://thegardenslug.com/

Tel:
63460504

Hours
Mon - Tue: 18:00 - 22:00
Wed - Thu: 10:00 - 22:00
Fri - Sat, Sun & PH: 09:00 - 22:00



Oh that’s not all!
1 more food! (I’m becoming such a glutton)
M made whoopie pies and brought some for us! I had the one in pink ^^



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment