23 March 2015

Nostalgia

Been feeling a little nostalgic of late. I had my phone restored after a battery replacement and spent some time updating the phone content. Lots of memories came back.
 
Been more than half a year at the new place, things are definitely better.
Importantly, no more crazy woman day-in-day-out. Surely, there is no need for anyone to suffer hate or unprofessionalism, not just at work but anywhere, regardless of how “public” a figure he/she may appear to be.
Have heard of how she has left as well, though not without leaving behind stories of her alter ego madness, deceitful schemes and pretentious, materialistic life which are still circulating during pantry talks per say.
Can't remember exactly to know where she’s gone to, but regardless of where it is, I certainly hope it will give her a better platform to reflect and be happier in life. It is always better to have one more friend, than an enemy.
If may, maybe, we will meet again and greet each other, starting all anew :)
 
News of 2 deaths today made me felt slightly overwhelmed earlier on.
The evening had been like a history lesson recap for the family.
Dear Mr Lee Kuan Yew, thank you for dedicating your life to give us what we have today. You will remain in our hearts always, as the founding father of Singapore. Have a good rest and may you meet your love again.
To uncle, it’s too sudden that things still doesn’t feel quite real. I wished it didn’t have to be in this way, and that we could have a second to say goodbye.
I know there were worries; which I really hope to let you know that things will turn out fine. Please leave with no regrets..
Your kindness will live on, in your family, in us, and everyone you have warmed before.
 
As cliché as it may sound, life is so unpredictable. I feel even more thankful now for the friends and family around me, both old and new. Going through the chat history with them during the phone update only adds on to the emotions..
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I feel that sometimes too. They say it has a positive effect as we feel better after. As per Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

    Lee Kuan Yew will forever be remembered. And to your uncle, my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed very sad news about the passing away of founding father of Singapore. Mr. Lee has played a very important role in the country's history. Condolence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Mr. Lee until I saw him in top searches in yahoo. I haven't read any articles of him yet. I can't relate well, it seems that you've just unloaded some of your burdens. I wish you happiness.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Kuan Yew has established his legacy and even after his death, his name will live in history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Death is a great reminder of how limited our time and resources are. Hope we make the most out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Condolences to your uncle. Yes! Life really in unpredictable so we really need to think that today is the last day of our lives so we can live it well.

    ReplyDelete